Welcome

I am a stay-at-home mother of 3 living in Utah...who desires to learn more regarding cooking and baking. I hope through my culinary adventures I will learn enough to cook and bake decent food and maybe help fellow moms with their struggles in the kitchen.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Waffles

Do you or your kids LOVE waffles? Do you purchase store-bought frozen waffles because of the convenience of popping it into the toaster on a busy morning? If you plan ahead just oh so slightly you can make your own frozen, precooked waffles that are more economical and healthy than the store-bought counterpart. I make these waffles on Saturday mornings--sometimes doubling the recipe. I just let the extra waffles cool and seal in a gallon size freezer zip-lock bag until I want to partake of some tasty waffles and take out what we need and stick in the toaster! PERFECT!

I have had this recipe what seems like forever and I am pretty sure it is an old Betty Crocker recipe...

Ingredients:

1 3/4 Cup Flour
2 Tlb Sugar
1 Tlb Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 Large Eggs
1 3/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup melted butter
1 tsp Vanilla

Directions:

Preheat your waffle maker. In a medium bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In another bowl add all other ingredients. Then add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until moistened and slightly lumpy.  Spray your waffle maker with a little bit of nonstick cooking spray. Pour into grids according the the directions of your waffle maker. Some 4 section waffle makers require 1 to 1/4 cups of batter. I have a 2 grid Belgium waffle maker and I add about 1/3 of a cup to each grid. Depending on the heat of your waffle maker and how dark you like your waffles it could take 3-5 minutes. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment