Welcome

I am a stay-at-home mother of 3 living in Utah...who desires to learn more regarding cooking and baking. I hope through my culinary adventures I will learn enough to cook and bake decent food and maybe help fellow moms with their struggles in the kitchen.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Lemon Curd

I found this recipe online here, and I love it! Super simple and super tasty! Next time I make it I will definitely have to remember to post pictures.

Ingredients:

1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
2 tsp finely grated Fresh Lemon Zest
1/2 Cup Sugar
3 Large Eggs
6 Tb Unsalted Butter, cut into bits

Whisk together juice, zest, sugar, and eggs in a heavy saucepan. Stir in butter and cook over med low heat, whisking frequently until curd is thick enough to hold marks of whisk and the first bubbles appear on the surface. (about 6 min). Then transfer the lemon curd into a bowl and chill (covering the surface with plastic wrap) until cold, about an hour or two. It can be stored in the fridge for about a week, which makes it great to just either have on hand, or when you are planning ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment