Welcome

I am a stay-at-home mother of 3 living in Utah...who desires to learn more regarding cooking and baking. I hope through my culinary adventures I will learn enough to cook and bake decent food and maybe help fellow moms with their struggles in the kitchen.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Orange Julius

I was going through my recipe archives this morning and came across this simple, tasty, and kid-friendly recipe. I acquired this recipe from a Bosch cooking class. I just had to make it a part of our breakfast this morning. My kids are still too young/small to drink the entire recipe, so we freeze the remaining drink into popsicle molds and they are so tasty!

1 6 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
2 Cups Milk
1 tsp Vanilla
1/3 Cup Sugar *
 Ice (optional and to the consistency you desire)

* I have reduced the sugar to 1/4 Cup and it is tasty too! Every little bit helps right? :) I have yet to try splenda or truvia in this recipe, but I bet it would work just the same.

I just add everything into my blender, push the lovely button, and let the amazing gadget to it's job. Pour and serve immediately! :) ENJOY! Just think, with one small glass your kids get the added benefit from the nutrients of milk and orange juice without even knowing it! If only we can add spinach to this drink...

No comments:

Post a Comment