Welcome

I am a stay-at-home mother of 3 living in Utah...who desires to learn more regarding cooking and baking. I hope through my culinary adventures I will learn enough to cook and bake decent food and maybe help fellow moms with their struggles in the kitchen.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Buttermilk Biscuits


I have been nervous attempting homemade biscuits because everyone always says how difficult it is to make...but I finally tried buttermilk biscuits hoping this would be a good experience. It was so easy, fast, and fun I will definitely make them again! They did make a mess in the kitchen, but totally worth it!

Tips: have the butter COLD and preheat the oven before you even get the ingredients together! When you are rolling out the dough, roll out and fold over 3x4 times to get the flaky goodness but DO NOT OVER WORK the dough!

This link is a great recipe for buttermilk biscuits from foodnetwork.com!  I would use cold butter instead  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment