Welcome

I am a stay-at-home mother of 3 living in Utah...who desires to learn more regarding cooking and baking. I hope through my culinary adventures I will learn enough to cook and bake decent food and maybe help fellow moms with their struggles in the kitchen.

Friday, May 14, 2010

Creamy Tuscan Tomato Soup


Ingredients:
2-3 Tlb Olive Oil
2 Lg Onions, diced
5 C Tomatoes, diced & seeded
2 C Chicken Stock
1 1/2 C Whipping Cream
1 C Fresh Pesto*
Salt & Pepper to taste

Heat oil in a large soup pot and add onions. Sweat the onions then add the tomatoes and warm to a simmer. Add chicken stock and bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 15 minutes. Take off heat and add cream and pesto. Using a hand immersion blender blend until desired consistency. If you do not have a hand immersion blender then you can use your blender in batches.

Fresh Pesto:
3 C loosely packed basil leaves
1/2 C olive oil
1/4 C pine nuts
2 cloves of garlic
1/3 C Parmesan cheese
2 Tlb Romano Cheese
salt to taste


I got this recipe from my mother-in-law that got it off some morning news show. I wish I could say which one and what day, but I have no clue. Sorry

No comments:

Post a Comment