Welcome

I am a stay-at-home mother of 3 living in Utah...who desires to learn more regarding cooking and baking. I hope through my culinary adventures I will learn enough to cook and bake decent food and maybe help fellow moms with their struggles in the kitchen.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Baked Jalepeno Poppers

Ingredients:
  • 12 fresh jalepeno peppers, halved lengthwise, stems, seeds, and membranes removed
  • 6 oz cream cheese, softened
  • 1 ½ cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
  • ½ teaspoon ground paprika
  • ½ teaspoon ground cumin
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 tablespoons of milk
  • 2 cups panko crumbs (or fine dry breadcrumbs)
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350*F. Lightly grease baking sheet and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, cumin, garlic, and paprika.
  3. In a small bowl, beat the eggs and milk together.
  4. In separate shallow dishes, pour the panko in one and the flour in the other and set aside.
  5. Fill each pepper up to the top with cheese mixture. (In large jalapeno peppers it could be a tablespoon.)Now you are ready for the breading “assembling line.” Remember to do one at a time and keep one hand as your “wet” hand and one hand as your “dry” hand!
  6. First you dredge it in flour
  7. Second you submerge it in milk/egg mixture
  8. Finally you dredge it in panko, pressing it in to coat it well. (You may need to repeat the process.)
  9. Place directly on baking sheet, cut side up, and bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is runny. (about 30 minutes)
* I had a ton of jalapeño peppers from my garden and wanted some poppers, but did not want the fat from deep frying them. So I came across some on the web and changed the recipe to this. I made them today for a little potluck and they were devoured! Ohh this was tasty! If you try it, let me know what you think! Next time I think I will add more spice, but I didn't want to be too daring on the first attempt. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment